Marriage licenses are issued at our Kingman, Bullhead City, or Lake Havasu City offices. 

To obtain a certified copy of your marriage license (marriage abstract), please send your request to:

Clerk of Superior Court

Attn: Marriage License Department

P.O. Box 7000 Kingman, AZ 86402

Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope, or include $7 for postage and handling, and $30 (total $37).  Please include your marriage license number and/or names of the parties and the approximate date of the marriage.

Obtaining A Marriage License 

To obtain a marriage license, download and legibly complete all areas of the Marriage Application Form. State law requires that all requested information must be provided, including your age, place of residence, and social security number. If you do not have a social security number, you must indicate so on the form.

A copy of a valid driver's license, passport, or other appropriate identification for both applicants must be included with this application. Your legal name should be noted as it appears on your formal identification including your full middle name. 

Please plan ahead, as obtaining your Marriage License by mail may take up to 6 weeks.

You may not apply for a marriage license by mail if:
            1)   One or both parties are under the age of 18 years
            2)   You are applying for a covenant marriage license
            3)   You are related

When the Marriage License Application form has been completed, it may be emailed to the Clerk’s Office at, faxed to us at (928) 718-4930, or mailed to us at:

Clerk of Superior Court
Attn: Marriage License Department
P.O. Box 7000
Kingman, Arizona 86402

You may also use this completed application form to apply in person. Both applicants must be present when applying in person. This can be done at the following locations:

Clerk of Superior Court
415 E. Spring St.
Kingman, AZ 86401
(928) 753-0713
Monday-Friday 8:00a-5:00p

Clerk of Superior Court
2225 Trane Road
Bullhead City, AZ 86442
(928) 758-0730
Monday-Friday 8:30a-12:00p, 1:30p-4:30p

Clerk of Superior Court
2001 College Drive
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86404
(928) 453-0701
Monday-Friday 8:30a-12:00p, 1:30p-4:30p

After we have processed your Marriage License by Mail Application, an Affidavit for Marriage License by Mail will be sent to you. Both applicants must sign this sworn statement (affidavit) in the presence of a notary public and return the original form to this office along with the $83.00 fee plus $7.00 for postage and handling (or include a self-addressed stamped 9 x 12 manila envelope in lieu of postage and handling) in the form of a personal check (held for 10 business days before processing), cashier's check, or money order.  If applying in person, we also accept cash and credit/debit cards.

Once payment has been received, we will issue your marriage license and mail it to you. It is important that we have your current mailing address and telephone number at all times.  Marriage licenses are valid one year from the date of issue.
Note: We Will Not Mail Outside The United States

Marriage License FAQs

Does the State of Arizona require a blood test?


Is there a waiting period to get married?


How much is a certified copy of a marriage license (Marriage Abstract)?

$30 plus $7 postage and handling

How long is a marriage license valid before the ceremony?

The marriage ceremony must be performed within one year of the issuance of a license or the license expires.

What if I am under 18 years of age?

Applicants under the age of 16 are prohibited from marrying.  A person who is at least 16 years of age and under 18 years of age is permitted to marry only if the person has either received an emancipation order or the parent or guardian who has custody of the person consents to the marriage, and if the person’s prospective spouse is not more than three years older than the person.  The clerk of superior court is prohibited from issuing a marriage license to a person who is under 18 year of age who does not meet these requirements.

How do I apply for a covenant marriage license or covenant conversion license?

You must apply in person for a covenant marriage license or covenant conversion license.

Do I have to be a resident of Arizona?

Applicants do not have to be residents of the State of Arizona to obtain a marriage license. However, the license is only valid for weddings that are performed within the State of Arizona.

What are acceptable forms of Identification?

With the application, each applicant must submit a government-issued identification, which contains his or her photograph and signature such as a copy of a valid: driver’s license, military ID, passport.

Do I have to show proof of my divorce before I can get a license?

Proof of divorce from a previous spouse or death of a spouse is not required to obtain a license for a new marriage.  It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the final decree of divorce is filed before the new wedding ceremony occurs.

Do I need to bring witnesses to apply for a license?

Witnesses are not necessary to apply for a license, but state law requires that at least two witnesses be present at the ceremony.  Witnesses must be at least 18 years of age.

Are same sex marriages legal in the State of Arizona?

Yes, as of 10/17/2014 same sex marriages are recognized in the State of Arizona

What are the rules regarding covenant marriages in Arizona?

Find out more here

Who is authorized to perform a marriage ceremony?

See Arizona Revised Statutes title 25-124. Persons authorized to perform marriage ceremony; definition